The mission of the Basic Telecommunications Officer Training program is to provide an instructional program that is designed to expedite and maximize the safe and efficient public safety response to the emergency needs of the community.
• The Basic Telecommunications Officer training program is currently an 80-hour program, 2 weeks in duration.
To be eligible for training and/or certification approved by the Law Enforcement Training Council and provided/accepted by the Academy, an applicant must:
- must be employed with a public safety answering system within the state of South Carolina
- pass a NCIC and SCCH criminal history check showing no crimes carrying a sentence of more than one year
- provide a legible certificate, transcript, or confirmation of having successfully completed a NIMS ICS-100 level course
- actively participate during the Spanish language training and demonstrate his/her proficiency through participation, homework and quizzes.
NOTE: Sworn law enforcement officers and/or criminal justice personnel must meet state requirements for a law enforcement officer as set forth in the Training Act.
The above minimum standards are requirements for training only. The employing entity and professional accrediting bodies may require employment standards and professional standards beyond these. The legislation requires agencies to reimburse the Academy for the cost of Telecommunications training. The Academy has set the tuition at $700.00, a fee covering the costs of meals, dormitory rooms, student material, and instruction for the ten-day course.
If a candidate cannot attend scheduled training the agency’s Training Officer should contact Registration at (803) 896-9912 or to reschedule.
All Documents should be mailed to:
SC Criminal Justice Academy
Attn: Registration Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5400 Broad River Rd. Fax: (803) 896 - 8360
Columbia, SC 29212
|Basic Class #||Training Dates||Completion Date|
|225||June 3 - June 15, 2018||June 15, 2018|
|226||July 23 - August 3, 2018||August 3, 2018|
|227||August 13 - August 24, 2018||August 24, 2018|
|228||September 2 - September 14, 2018||September 14, 2018|
|229||September 23 - October 5, 2018||October 5, 2018|
|230||October 14 - October 26, 2018||October 26, 2018|
|231||November 4 - November 16, 2018||November 16, 2018|
|232||December 2 - December 14, 2018||December 14, 2018|
|233||January 6 - January 18, 2019||January 18, 2019|
|234||January 27 - February 8, 2019||February 8, 2019|
|235||February 17 - March 1, 2019||March 1, 2019|
|236||March 10 - March 22, 2019||March 22, 2019|
|237||March 31 - April 12, 2019||April 12, 2019|
|238||April 22 - May 3, 2019||May 3, 2019|