To make a request for out of state training review, an authorized official for the hiring agency must complete and submit the one-page Training Review Request Form along with the following required documentation prior to Registration:
- Certificate of Completion (BLET Course, Basic Corrections or Detention Course or Federal Training Course)
- Curriculum/Syllabus showing hours and topics of training
- A completed POST Letter has been received from the out-of-state POST agency.
- A Letter of Good Standing from the current or last agency the applicant was employed is required.
- Indication that a Letter of Good Standing has been requested for Federal/Military candidates; or a Verification of Employment Letter for SCDC Correction candidates.
This information should be forwarded to: Certification Unit
Upon receipt of the POST Letter/letter of good standing here at the Academy a complete documentation package is forwarded by Certification for review and approval of Certification, Training and Standards and then forwarded for final review and approval of the Academy Director. Upon final approval of the Director, the requesting department is notified and contacted by the Academy to schedule a registration date. Once complete documentation has been received (including the POST Letter/letter of good standing), allow at least 10 days to 2 weeks for this review.
NOTE: If a POST Letter has been requested and is not available and/or forthcoming, please submit a letterhead cover letter signed by the Chief, Sheriff or Director of your agency stating that multiple attempts have been made to obtain a POST Letter without success, along with confirmation that a thorough background investigation was done and nothing was found to indicate a disqualifier for certification in South Carolina (in accordance with the Training Act).