The Procurement Office supports the mission of the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy by procuring goods and services in accordance with the South Carolina Consolidated Procurement Code. This website lists proposed procurements involving goods, services and information technology. According to the South Carolina State Procurement Code, solicitations by South Carolina State Government Agencies that are worth at or above $10,000 in estimated or actual value must appear in South Carolina Business Opportunity. The South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy reserves the right to make modifications to the contents of this web site without prior notice to the vendor. If a discrepancy occurs with this website, the contents of the solicitation and/or purchase order will govern.
SCCJA Vendor Instructions
The Procurement Office must authorize all purchases. Shipments should not be made without receipt of the Academy purchase order or until a purchase order number has been provided.
It is recommended that an appointment be made by telephone with the Procurement Buyer at the telephone number listed below. Many items used by the Academy must be obtained under state contract or by competitive solicitation by vendors. Sales representatives may at the request or with the permission of the Procurement Department visit departments for the purpose of introducing new products or providing technical information. It is not permissible for a department to receive materials on consignment, pending the issuance of a confirming purchase order, or to accept equipment for demonstration purposes without the prior approval of the Procurement Department.
Purchasing Policy and Procedures
The South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy is a state agency governed by state law. Policies and procedures are in accordance with the South Carolina Consolidated Procurement Code that governs the expenditure of all funds regardless of the source, unless specifically exempted.
- Small Purchases: Orders for less than $2,500 may be made without securing competition, if prices are considered fair and reasonable.
- Purchases from $2,500.01 to $10,000.00: These purchases will be solicited by verbal or written quotes from a minimum of three written qualified sources. The award will be made to the lowest responsive and responsible source.
- Purchases from $10,000.01 to $50,000.00: Written solicitation of written quotes, bids, or proposals shall be made. The procurement shall be advertised at least once in the South Carolina Business Opportunities publication. The "South Carolina Business Opportunities" publication is a twice- weekly publication, which is available online under the Materials Management Office website.
First Time Subscribers Please Contact:
Materials Management Office
SC Business Opportunities
1201 Main St., Suite 600 or Visit www.procurement.sc.gov
Columbia, SC 29201
Purchases above $50,000.00 for Goods and Services and Consultants and $50,000.00 for Information Technology that are not state contract items, a sole source or an emergency will be forwarded to the Materials Management Office or Information Technology Office for processing.
All invoices must reference the purchase order number and be submitted to:
South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
Accounts Payable Department
5400 Broad River Road
Columbia, South Carolina 29212
- All shipments must be shipped F.O.B. SC Criminal Justice Academy unless otherwise quoted in the solicitation.
- All shipments must be delivered to the location shown on the purchase order. Shipments or deliveries to other locations of the Academy may delay payment. Vendors are not to deliver directly to the requestor unless approved by the Procurement Office.
- All shipments must reference a valid purchase order number.
Any purchases that have not been authorized by the Procurement Office may be returned to the vendor at vendor’s expense or may be considered a donation to the Academy.
The South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy is required to pay South Carolina sales taxes.
Reservation of Rights
The South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy reserves the right to make modifications to the contents of these instructions without prior notice to the vendor. If a discrepancy occurs with this website, to include but not limited to, instructions and the solicitation or purchase order, the contents of the solicitation and/or purchase order will govern.
Vendors please register with the State of South Carolina by visiting the SFAA Procurement Services website. Any question regarding the contents of the Vendor Instructions or if you have any other questions regarding doing business with The South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy should be directed to the Procurement Manager.